Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:12 Porsche Carrera GT - 12050
Part No: TAM12050
The Porsche Carrera was unleashed on the public at the 2003 Geneva Motor Show, and wowed the world; its shape was based upon an exceptionally lightweight and strong carbon fiber monocoque and rear sub-frame, in addition to body panels made from the same material. It was propelled by a midship 5.7-liter V10 engine that blasted out 612hp and was an evolution of a powerplant developed for use in the toughest and most famous of endurance races, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Other technological advances incorporated into the design were a small and super-lightweight ceramic composite clutch, pushrod-actuated double wishbone suspension, ceramic composite brakes, plus an underpanel and diffuser combination which offered supreme downforce. Infused with patented state-of-the-art technologies, Porsche's Carrera GT embodied both the high-performance of a racing car with the usability and safety of a road car. It departed from Porsche's tradition of horizontally-opposed engines and in doing so became the company's new flagship which only 1,270 lucky owners around the world would have the opportunity to experience.
About The Model
- Plastic model assembly kit of the Porsche Carrera GT, a super sports car which represents the sum of the German motor company's considerable racing know-how.
- 1/12 scale. Length: 385mm, width: 160mm, height: 97mm.
- Model assembly has been designed in such a way as to allow unblemished recreation of the elegant curves of the body.
- Features a highly accurate reconstruction of the chassis.
- The midship V10 engine is depicted in exquisite detail.
- Pushrod front/rear suspension is fully movable.
- Photo-etched parts are included to recreate the mesh which features on the rear engine hood.
- Durable die cast parts are included to depict the undertray (comes pre-painted in black), front trunk and suspension arms.
- Opening doors, front hood and engine hood really crank up the realism.
- Rear cowling opens smoothly at just a push on the rear license plate.
- The 2-part roof mirrors that of the actual vehicle, and can be stowed in the front trunk.
- Side mirrors, rear view mirror and car logo are recreated using metal transfers.
- A wrench is included for removing and attaching wheels.