Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:12 Texaco McLaren M23 1974 c/w Photoetched Parts 12045
Replacing the McLaren M19 in 1973 was the formidable M23 which was used for four years until it was eventually replaced in 1977 with the M26. The M23 earned McLaren the Constructors' Championship in 1974 as well as two Drivers' Championships in 1974 (James Hunt) and 1976 (Emerson Fittipaldi). The M23 was also driven by MotoGP legend Mike Hailwood who won third place at the 1974 South African Grand Prix.
Specs and Features
- 36 years after it was originally released, Tamiya is proud to re-release the 1/12 scale plastic assembly model kit of the legendary McLaren M23.
- The sleek body has been realistically reproduced.
- The front cowling, cockpit fairing, and induction box are all removable.
- The steering wheel is linked to the front wheels to allow movement.
- The Ford-Cosworth DFV 2,993cc V8 engine, including the fuel pipes and ignition cords, are all realistically reproduced.
- Movable front and rear suspensions feature coil springs.
- Cloth-texture seatbelt stickers and photo-etched seat buckles highlight the cockpit area.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict details such as front and rear brake discs.
- Decals for No.5 and No.6 cars are included.
- Slick tires are made with synthetic rubber.
- Sorry NO Marlboro Decals supplied
Product ID: 3825
People who bought this, also purchased these:
1:12 Honda RS250RW Exhaust Pipe (Hasegawa)
30ml Glass Jars/Bottles for Paints
Paint Stirrer (2 Pack)
Variable Colour Carbon Decal #A - P974
1:20 Lotus 79 Martini Photo-Etch Set - 12639
1:12 Mclaren M23 '76 Japan/'77 British Transkit - EJP-846
1:12 Mclaren M23 (1974) Sponsor Decals
Airbrush Cleaning Brush
1:12 Mclaren M23 1976 & 1977 Sponsor Decals For Tamiya
Paint Stripper (for Metal and Resin) 120ml
Nassau Blue Paint - 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 60ml (Revell Kit)
1:24 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V 1998 "Rally Argentina Winner"
1:24 Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B E-Tune II Version B
1:24 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
1:24 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 V-Spec II (BNR32)
1:24 Toyota Celica 1600 GT (1972 Nippon Grand Prix)
1:24 Toyota Celica 1600 GT (TA22-MQ)
1:24 Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 V-Spec
1:24 Fiat Abarth 695 Ferrari Tributo
1:24 Nissan Skyline Coupe (350GT Nismo)