Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:20 Team Lotus Type 78 1977 c/w Photoetched Parts - 20065
Lotus has brought a number of innovations to F1 racing since they entered their firstrace in 1958. The introduction of ground effect cars, the result of their aerodynamics research, was one of the highlights. In 1977, Lotus introduced the Type 78 (base model for the Type 79) which had a slim monocoque chassis and wide side pontoons with under surfaces like inverted aircraft wings. Airfow beneath the side pontoons thus enabled the body to generate downforce for stronger traction and faster cornering speeds. Mario Andretti and Gunnar Nilsson drove the car in the 1977 season, and despite early season troubles, they went on to take 4 and 1 wins respectively to prove the car's potential.
Specs and Features
- 1/20 scale highly detailed plastic assembly model kit.
- Length: 225mm, Width: 102mm.
- The low profile, sharp form of the Lotus has been faithfully reproduced.
- Body cowlings may be removed to showcase the detailed cockpit and engine.
- The inverted aircraft wing-shaped under surfaces of the side pontoons are precisely reproduced.
- Mechanical aspects of the Lotus including the DFV engine, transmission & suspension are moulded in rich detail.
- Decals to depict both No.5 and No.6 cars seen at the British GP included.
- Side mirror surfaces and instrument panel depicted with metal transfers.
- Parts such as brake-discs, radiator, rear wing stay are depicted with Photo-etched parts.
- The tyre profile seen on the Lotus during the 1977 F1 season hs been faithfully replicated.
- Add greater realism to your model with Item 1/20 12637 Seatbelt A.
Product ID: 3885
People who bought this, also purchased these:
1:12 Honda RS250RW Exhaust Pipe (Hasegawa)
Angled Tweezers - 74003
Straight Tweezers - 74004
1:20 Ferrari F189 Portuguese GP - 20024
Mclaren MP4 (Marlboro) Red Paint 60ml
1:20 Cosworth DFV Engine Detail Up Parts - EJP-828
1:20 Mclaren M23 1976 - 20062
1:20 Lotus 78 Conversion Kit - '78 Italian, Monaco - EJP-848
Brabham Alfa Red Paint - BT45B, BT46, BT46B BT48 etc 60ml
1:20 Tyrrell P34 1977 Japan GP #3 (Peterson) (GP34)
Brazilian Flag Coloured Paints 3x30ml
1:24 ENDLESS Brake Systems 2 (4 Piston Caliper And 332mm Disc)
1:24 CSD Ultimate Brake System (PE and Resin)
1:24 Novitec Rosso Wheels for Ferrari F12 ( Type NF3)
1:24 Novitec Rosso Wheels for Ferrari F12 ( Type NF4)
1:24 20" Forgiato Maglia-ECL Wheels (resin) (for LB Works Lambo Huracan )
1:24 OZ WRC Wheels and Tyres
1:24 18" Rotiform Forged CCV Wheels (Resin)
1:24 Wandering Singer Resin Figure
1:24 14" Techno Phantom Wheels and Tyres