Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:6 Harley Davidson FXE1200 - Super Glide - 16039
Customized in the Factory
In the 1970s, Harley-Davidson manufactured a wide range of motorcycles including the big FLH1200 and FLH80 bikes. They were not solely focused upon large touring bikes, however; they also had a range of sports bikes, headed by the FXE1200 Super Glide. The Super Glide was manufactured from 1971 and boasted the same double cradle frame and powerful 1,207cc air-cooled 4-stroke OHV V-Twin engine as the FLH1200. Where it differed greatly from the tourer, however, was in the lightweight front fork, spoke wheels and headlights which were heavily inspired by the XL Sportster Series. The result was the birth of the sports-touring genre, and the Super Glide was produced until 1978, one of the first "factory-customized" bikes. Its mark can still be ascertained on the U.S. company's present-day line up, as well as being considered the forebear for such popular bikes as the 1977 FXS Low Rider and 1991 FXDB Dyna Star.
About the Model
- 1:6 scale assembly kit of the 1975 model of the Harley-Davidson FXE1200 Super Glide, the bike which kicked off the sports touring genre.
- Length: 389mm.
- The bike is faithfully recreated right down to the frame and wheels, and the model offers an enjoyable construction experience.
- The "Shovelhead" OHV V-Twin engine is portrayed with excellent attention to detail, including features such as the cooling fins, spark plugs and carburetor.
- Fully-moving front and rear suspension utilizes coil springs.
- Head- and taillights are also realistically reproduced.
- Features authentic renderings of the under-seat oil tank, and battery.
- Metal-plated wire spoke wheels add a further air of authenticity to the model, as do instrumentation dials depicted using accurate decals.
- The kickstand is sprung for movement like that on the actual bike.
- Semi-pneumatic tires are finished with realistic tread patterns.
Product ID: 5851
People who bought this, also purchased these:
1:12 Ducati 916 14068
Mica Blue Paint (Similar to TS50) 60ml
1:12 Ducati 888 Superbike Racer - 14063
1:12 Yamaha YZR-M1 2009 Fiat Yamaha Team - 14117
Yamaha YZR-M1 Team Fiat 2009 Paint Set 2x30ml
1:6 Suzuki GSX1100S Katana - 16025
1:6 Harley-Davidson FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo 16041
1:6 Harley-Davidson FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo Parts - Detail Up Parts Set 12655
1:12 Yamaha V-max with Custom Parts
1:12 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Decals Senna / Tricolore
Brazilian Flag Coloured Paints 3x30ml
1:24 ENDLESS Brake Systems 2 (4 Piston Caliper And 332mm Disc)
1:24 CSD Ultimate Brake System (PE and Resin)
1:24 Novitec Rosso Wheels for Ferrari F12 ( Type NF3)
1:24 Novitec Rosso Wheels for Ferrari F12 ( Type NF4)
1:24 20" Forgiato Maglia-ECL Wheels (resin) (for LB Works Lambo Huracan )
1:24 OZ WRC Wheels and Tyres
1:24 18" Rotiform Forged CCV Wheels (Resin)
1:24 Wandering Singer Resin Figure
1:24 14" Techno Phantom Wheels and Tyres