Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:6 Harley Davidson FXE1200 - Super Glide - 16039
Customized in the Factory
In the 1970s, Harley-Davidson manufactured a wide range of motorcycles including the big FLH1200 and FLH80 bikes. They were not solely focused upon large touring bikes, however; they also had a range of sports bikes, headed by the FXE1200 Super Glide. The Super Glide was manufactured from 1971 and boasted the same double cradle frame and powerful 1,207cc air-cooled 4-stroke OHV V-Twin engine as the FLH1200. Where it differed greatly from the tourer, however, was in the lightweight front fork, spoke wheels and headlights which were heavily inspired by the XL Sportster Series. The result was the birth of the sports-touring genre, and the Super Glide was produced until 1978, one of the first "factory-customized" bikes. Its mark can still be ascertained on the U.S. company's present-day line up, as well as being considered the forebear for such popular bikes as the 1977 FXS Low Rider and 1991 FXDB Dyna Star.
About the Model
- 1:6 scale assembly kit of the 1975 model of the Harley-Davidson FXE1200 Super Glide, the bike which kicked off the sports touring genre.
- Length: 389mm.
- The bike is faithfully recreated right down to the frame and wheels, and the model offers an enjoyable construction experience.
- The "Shovelhead" OHV V-Twin engine is portrayed with excellent attention to detail, including features such as the cooling fins, spark plugs and carburetor.
- Fully-moving front and rear suspension utilizes coil springs.
- Head- and taillights are also realistically reproduced.
- Features authentic renderings of the under-seat oil tank, and battery.
- Metal-plated wire spoke wheels add a further air of authenticity to the model, as do instrumentation dials depicted using accurate decals.
- The kickstand is sprung for movement like that on the actual bike.
- Semi-pneumatic tires are finished with realistic tread patterns.
Product ID: 5851
People who bought this, also purchased these:
1:6 Suzuki GSX1100S Katana - 16025
1:12 Honda CB 400 Four (1974 Model)
1:12 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Decals Senna / Tricolore
1:12 Ducati 916 14068
1:12 Ducati 888 Superbike Racer - 14063
1:12 Honda RS1000 Endurance Racer - Ltd re-issue
1:12 Yamaha V-max with Custom Parts
1:6 Harley-Davidson FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo Parts - Detail Up Parts Set 12655
Yamaha YZR-M1 Team Fiat 2009 Paint Set 2x30ml
Mica Blue Paint (Similar to TS50) 60ml
1:43 BMW 320si WTCC Macau Guia Race 2006 Decals (Minichamps, Spark)
1:18 BMW 320si WTCC Macau Guia Race 2006 Decals (Autoart)
1x Hiroboy CHROME Sticker (Limited Edition)
1:20 Martini Lotus 79 1979 Goodyear Decals (Tamiya)
1x Zero Paints CHROME Sticker (Limited Edition)
1:20 Ayrton Senna Figure Decal (McLaren)
1:20 Tyrrell P34 6 Wheeler Full Decal 1976 (Tamiya)
1:20 McLaren MP4/5B Full Decal (Tamiya)
1:24 18" BBS CH Resin Wheels
1:24 Lamborghini Diablo GT Photoetched Detail Set (Aoshima)