1:12 Jaguar XJR-9 1988 LM Ver A - Full Detail Multi Media Kit
Price Now: £575.00
Brand: Model Factory Hiro
Part No: MFH K554
1:12 Jaguar XJR-9 LM Ver A - Full Detail Multi Media Kit
1988 LM Winner #2 Lammers/Dumfries/Wallace based off the design which won in 1988 Le Mans.
- #1 Brundle/Nielsen
- #3 Watson/Boesel/Pescarolo
- #21 Sullivan/Jones/Cobb
- #22 Daly/Perkins/Cogan
*(Product is currently still in design phase: release date/price/instructions for construction/build may be altered for official release. / Images based off CG captures may not accurately reflect that of the final product.)
About the XJR-9 LM
In the early 1980′s, TWR (Tom Walkinshaw Racing) paired with a manufacturing team to enter various racecars into the European Touring Car Championships. In 1985, the XJR-6 was developed for Group C endurance racing.
In contrast with other race cars in that period that mainly ran on turbo engines, the XJR-6 was equipped with a non turbo 7 liter 12V engine, shifted slightly forward to offset balance its heavy weight. Radiators were designed to be located in the front, and the monocoque was made of carbon fiber. This general design was carried over to the XJR-8 in 1987, and also into the XJR-9 that debuted in 1988.
Upon its debut, the XJR-9 became a major threat to rivals in endurance races. Extending its success into other areas, the XJR-9 LM (developed with a higher straight line speed) was prepared specifically for Le Mans, effectively ending a 31 year Le Mans victory drought for the manufacturer, at the same time fetching a victory for an English car for the first time in 29 years. The XJR-9 also debuted in the following year in Le Mans, and up until the XJR-12 in 1990 XJRs of similar base designs were featured in various races during that time period.
– a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, metal plated parts, vacuum parts, rubber tires, decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum plated parts used for wheel rim, engine funnel, muffler ends, wheel shaft and lock nut. Lock nut is plated in color (in red and blue).
- front and rear cowl can be removed, doors can be opened and closed allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- clear resin used for headlight lens, allowing for the mold to closely imitate those of the actual vehicle.
- pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires