Pre-Order Notes :
We take pre-orders on all new release stock from Model Factory Hiro upto the release date which is usually the 28th of each month.
Orders are placed with Model Factory Hiro in Japan on the last day of the each month (30th/31st) for Special Order items, they usually arrive the 1st week of the next month (depending on Custom clearance times)
1:9 HRD Vincent Black Shadow Motorcycle 1948 - Full Detail Multi Media Kit
Brand: Model Factory Hiro
Part No: MFH K567
HS Code: 9503003500
Origin Country: Japan
Reproduced in limited quantities at October 2023
Motorcycle maker HRD was first found in 1924 by Howard R Davis, a former English war pilot who had dreamed of designing high powered sports bikes of his own. While HRD was able to win races, the company ran at a loss and Davis was forced to sell his company. Eventually the company ended up under the hands of Phil Vincent, a young engineer in his 20s who was a fresh graduate from Cambridge University. In 1928 the company was renamed “The Vincent HRD Company Ltd.”, and various racing and sport bikes were built and produced under Vincent’s vision. A few years later, engineer Phil Irving joined the company as engine designer, and in 1936 the company created the “Series A Rapide” – a motorcycle equipped with a 988cc 50 degree V twin engine and capable of going up with speeds of 100 miles per hour (160km/h), earning it the title of “fastest sports bike” during its time.
After the events of World War II, Vincent went back into sports-motorcycle production, and in 1947 an upgrade to the Series B Rapide was introduced featuring new cams, pistons, and capacitors. While having a similar appearance to the Rapide series, the new line of motorcycles were equipped with an unusual black painted engine, earning it the name “Black Shadow”. Topping at speeds of 120 miles per hour (200km/h), the Black Shadow was renowned for its high performance and class, defining the Vincent brand as the top motorcycle maker of its era.
- based off the earliest build of “Black Shadow” in 1948, with a Brampton gutter type front frame.
- a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, etching, metal plated parts, rubber parts and silk screen decals allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- moveable bike chain built from a combination of etching and metal parts.
- spokes made from stainless pipe, paired together with metal rim for a realistic representation.
- Combination of etching and metal parts used to replicate the brake drum/cooling fins which was upgraded from the Rapide.
- “HRD” logo and various marks/emblems not found on later models embedded into parts.
- additional pre-plated parts included to further represent the majesticity of the Black Shadow.
- metal plated parts used in headlight and speedometer giving a sharper look to these areas.