Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:12 Mclaren MP4/6 Honda - 89721
COVID-19 UPDATE – WE ARE NOW CLOSED, Sorry no orders can be placed over this period.
Part No: TAM89721
About the McLaren MP4/6 Honda
The McLaren MP4/6 Honda debuted at the United States Grand Prix, opening round of the 1991 Formula One season. Instead of the widely used high-lift nose, it featured a thin, linear front section and high side pontoons sporting oblong radiator air intakes. Front wing-tips featured cylindrical vortex generators to provide smooth airflow and effective down force. Featuring front/ rear push-rod suspension and hydraulic dampers with internal sensors, the car's damper movement and engine operation were monitored by a telemetry system and could be analyzed in the pit. The six-speed transverse gearbox and RA121E V12 Honda engine featured output of 780hp. The superior design and high-powered engine enabled the MP4/6 and driver Ayrton Senna to take 4 straight wins at the U.S., Brazil, San Marino and Monaco GPs, followed by victories at Hungary, Belgium and Australia, with driver G. Berger winning in Japan.
Senna won the Drivers' Title and Mclaren took the Constructors' Title in 1991.
About the Model
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly model of the 1991 Formula One Champion car Mclaren MP4/6 Honda
- Overall length: 369mm, overall width: 178mm, height 83mm
- Durable and accurately replicated die-cast metal suspension arms
- Functional front & rear suspension features damper unit operated by bell crank
- Cockpit instrument panel, shift knob, pedals and seat belt shoulder pad are all accurately reproduced
- Accurately detailed V-12 engine, transverse gearbox and monocoque frame
- Removable cowling allows display of interior of car
- Turning steering wheel actually moves front wheels
- Includes markings and cowl screens for No.1 Senna and No.2 Berger
- Marlboro decals are NOT included, but can be purchase separately