Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:24 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 Wurth - 24329
1:24 Model Kit of the Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 Wurth
Beloved among touring car racing fans, this Turbo Capri was the result of the tie-up between the legendary Zakspeed racing team and Ford. The car achieved excellent results throughout its racing career, the highlight being the 1981 season in which it blew away its rivals. It was a true champion of both style and substance. This model features the victorious 1981 car in its Wurth livery.
When the Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 first entered the German Racing Championship (DRM) in 1978, it was in a period of Porsche and BMW dominance. Eventually that would change, with 24 Hours of Le Mans winner K. Ludwig taking the 1981 Division 2 title in the Ford Zakspeed Capri Gr.5 sponsored by the German auto parts maker Würth. The Capri was Ford's 2-door coupe and as a result of wind-tunnel testing Zakspeed gave it a wide and low form which was complemented by a 1,427cc Ford BDA in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine.
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 210mm, Width: 86mm, Height: 50mm
- The low and wide body is recreated faithfully, including jutting front spoiler and box spoiler, overhanging fenders and massive rear wing.
- Interior parts such as the roll cage, instrumentation and bucket seat are accurate replicas of those in the real car.
- Features metal-plated wheels.
- Decals are included to recreate the distinctive black and red markings, plus the sponsor's logo.
- Kit includes driver figure.