Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:24 Opel Astra V8 Coupe - Team Phoenix - 24243
About the Opel Astra V8 Coupe - Team Phoenix
Gull-wing doors open and close just like the real car! The Opel Astra V8 Coupe 1/24 scale model by Tamiya is the very first model of the 1/24 scale sports car series to feature replicated gull-wing doors. Gull-wing doors open and close just like the real car and employ metal hinges for increased durability! Discover for yourself the mechanics of gull-wing doors with your very own fingertips!
The DTM (German Touring Car Championships) thrilled European motor sports fans with plenty of fender-to-fender action unfurled by three major car manufacturers: Mercedes-Benz, Opel, and Audi. The Opel machine that raced in the highly popular 2001 DTM season was the Astra V8 Coupe. With its over-sized front bumper, over fender, and rear wing, the machine's external design maintained the same style as the production version. However, the machine's guts, a powerful front-installed 462hp outputting 4-liter V8 engine with rear-wheel drive and 6-speed transmission, were made purely for racing. Although Opel could not make any noteworthy race results during the first half of the 2001 race season, they steadily began making gains in the latter half. Opel's ace driver, Manuel Reuter, drove behind the wheel for Opel Team Phoenix and took 4th place finishes in the 8th and 10th races of the 2001 season, a testament to his incredible driving skill and the winning potential of Opel Team Phoenix.
About the Model
- 1/24 scale, total height: 196mm, total width 82mm.
- Model replicates machine driven by Manuel Reuter under Opel Team Phoenix.
- Gull-wing style doors can be smoothly opened and closed even after assembly via metal hinges.
- Tail-lights employ transparent, clear red, and clear orange parts.
- Roll-cage and car interior have been replicated with the utmost authenticity.
- Metal transfer marks are included for grille, emblem, bonnet and door-catch.
- Decals included for car number 7.