1:6 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin (Motorcycle)
Tamiya announce 1:6 scale Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin at their 50th Nuremberg Fair (1st Feb 2017)
During the late 1980s, Honda's NXR750 ruled the roost in the motorcycle section of the grueling Dakar Rally. Eager to share their success with the public, in 1988 Honda released a replica production model of the bike, named the XRV650. It was the first model given the now-legendary Africa Twin name, and its popularity across the world helped the expansion of the adventure-touring bike genre. While the Africa Twin name was to step back from the limelight for a period as sales halted early in the 2000s, it was never forgotten by afficionados of the genre, and when the it name was revived in 2015 in the form of the CRF1000L, it was cause for celebration. A semi-double cradle frame houses its 998cc, 92hp liquid-cooled 4-stroke parallel twin engine (Japan spec.), with a rugged off-road look provided by the capacious 18-liter fuel tank (Japan spec.) and twin headlights, plus 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels. A 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission model is included in the varied model range. Technology such as a 'G' switch to aid clutch control, Honda Selectable Torque Control system and more are at the rider's disposal. The CRF1000L Africa Twin is a versatile motorcycle ready to take its rider anywhere, be that in an urban environment or the more rugged challenges presented by the great outdoors.
About the Model
- This is a 1:6 scale plastic model assembly kit recreating the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin.
- Length: 390mm, width: 158mm, height: 255mm (when center stand is used).
- The exhilarating form of the CRF1000L Africa Twin is captured in breathtaking large scale.
- Numerous metal shafts and screw-attached components make for an authentic assembly procedure and finish.
- Exquisite depiction of the 998cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke parallel twin engine features airbox and radiator details.
- Ignition and accelerator cables, brake lines and more are recreated using vinyl tubing.
- Semi-pneumatic synthetic rubber tires have realistic tread patterns.
- Features metal-plated silencer and exhaust components.
- Moving rear damper includes coil spring and metal shaft.
- Metal-plated components give front cowling emblem an authentic finish.
- Comes with clear red brake light and clear orange reflector parts.