Please Note : Knifes, Side Cutter, Plastic Glue and Paints are required to complete all Model Kits and must be purchased separately. Please have a read of our more detailed F.A.Q. on recommended tools
1:6 Yamaha Motocrosser YZ250 - 16036
The Yamaha Motocrosser YZ250 was a replica of Yamaha's works team motocross machine. In 1973, the works bike, which was equipped with the new monocross rear suspension, won the 250cc class in the Motocross World Championship, so in the following year the replica also incorporated this feature. This unique suspension utilized a rigid truss swing arm supported by a shock unit underneath the fuel tank to efficiently absorb shocks, which also gave the rear wheel a greater range of stroke and therefore better stability on the track. Equipped with a 32.5ps 250cc 2-stroke engine, the YZ250 demonstrated its capability in motocross races all over the world.
About the Model
- Length: 342mm.
- Front forks are depicted with chrome-plated brass pipes for a realistic finish and greater durability. Built-in coil springs allow movement.
- Damper boot, seat, and handle grips are made from soft synthetic rubber material.
- Vinyl tubing included to depict wires and pipes.
- Fuel tank, seat, and side covers can be detached to allow viewing of rear shock unit positioned in the frame.
- The air-cooled, 2-stroke engine features details such as cooling fins.
- Side stand is movable thanks to a coil spring.
- Parts for maintenance stand are also included.
- Monocross suspension is accurately reproduced and is movable thanks to a coil spring.
- Semi-pneumatic rubber tires with realistic tread pattern are mounted on spoked wheels.