1:12 Mercedes-Benz C11 LM’91 - Full Detail Multi - Media Kit
Brand: Model Factory Hiro
Part No: MFH K748
1:12 Mercedes-Benz C11 LM’91 - Full Detail Multi-Media Kit
While the C9 debuted in 1987 and went on the win the WSPC and Le Mans in 1989, the Mercedes Team started preparing for the next machine - the C11. The C11 was equipped with the same V8 twin turbo that was used by the C9, but instead features a carbon monocoque as opposed to an aluminum one used by its predecessor. The C11 was originally planned to debut in 1989, but it was not ready to make an appearance until 1990. While it showed overwhelming performance after its debut in 1990 and took the championship for WSPC that season, the team did not join Le Mans that year (as it was not part of the WSPC that season) and the victory of that race went to Jaguar instead.
With Le Mans returning to the WSPC calendar in 1991, three C11 entries entered the race, featuring a slightly different body cowl and wing than the rest of the WSPC series. While Mazda's 787B won the race, one of the C11 entries managed to grab 5th place behind Mazda and Jaguar. A hot topic of Le Mans that year was being able to see young German aces such as Karl Wendlinger and Michael Schumacher at Le Mans at the wheel of the C11, as Mercedes had called in future aces such as Wendlinger, Schumacher and Heinz-Harald Frentzen into the team.
- based on the 1991 Le Mans entrants: car number 31 ( K.Wendlinger / M.Schumacher / F.Kreutzpointner ) that won 5th place, and car number 1 ( J.L.Schlesser / J.Mass / A.Ferté )
- a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, metal turned parts, rubber tires, decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for wheels and headlight rims. Wheels plated in black aluminite for a realistic finish.
- front and rear cowl removable, and doors can be opened allowing for full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.