1:12 Williams FW07B Full Detail Model Kit
Out of Stock
Sorry, currently not in stock!
Get notified when back in stock
Brand: Model Factory Hiro
Part No: MFH K807
HS Code: 9503003500
Origin Country: Japan
K807 - 1:12 Williams FW07B Full Detail Model Kit
1980 Rd.13 Canadian GP - Winner #27 Alan Jones / 2nd #28 Carlos Reutemann
Frank Williams, born in 1942 in England, had a short career in racing before starting a racing team in the 1960s. However, he suffered many ups and downs until 1977 when he and his friend Patrick Head would form a brand new F1 racing team in Didcot, Oxfordshire – Williams Grand Prix Engineering. P. Head would design the team's first F1 machine - the FW06, and follow up designing the team's first wing car - the FW07 in 1979. The FW07 took the team's first victory at Rd.9 England GP. The team would eventually finish second in constructors for the season behind Ferrari, branding themselves as one of the top teams in F1.
In 1980 the team would introduce an upgrade of the FW07 called the FW07B: the new car was equipped with side pontoon with wings attached to the sides (which were no longer featured from the Rd.5 Belgium GP race and onward) and a highly rigid monocoque, along with a flexible side-skirt that follows the flow of the road. The design allowed the car to generate an immense amount of down force, and along with the stable, light and compact DFV engine the car was a force to be reckoned with. A.Jones managed to take 5 victories with the car for the 1980 season while C.Reutemann took 1 victory, giving the team its first constructors championship ever. A.Jones also managed to score his first drivers championship that same year.
The Williams team would continue to see success in the years after – with the FW07C taking the constructors title in the following year, several championships in the late 1980s when the team worked with Honda, and yet more championship titles during their partnership with Renault in the 1990s. The FW07B could be said to be the car that brought the small private team up into the ranks of the top teams of F1.
- based on the Canada GP in 1980 where A.Jones and C.Reutemann managed a one-two finish, and the race that secured Jones' first drivers championship.
- based on the late variation, where the openings of the side pontoon was changed after the France GP to match cooler/radiator updates, and a different rear wing mount and a few rear suspension changes compared to the early build of the car.
- a fully detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, metal turned parts, rubber tires, silk screen decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for wheel rim, wheel shaft, engine funnel and muffler ends.
- DFV engine designed with movable cam and crankshaft parts after completion.
- body cowl can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.