1:20 McLaren Honda MP4/4 - w/Driver and Engineer Figure
About the McLaren Honda MP4/4
1988 was supposed to be a transition year, with Formula 1 changing regulations ahead of a complete turbo engine ban. However, the McLaren team were undaunted by the lowered boost pressure of their turbo V6 engines and reduced fuel capacity of their MP4/4 machines, and went on to rewrite the record books. The two drivers, Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, won 15 out of 16 races between them that season, with Senna taking the Driver's Championship. McLaren also took the Constructor's Championship by a huge margin scoring an amazing total of 199 points to further highlight the team's complete dominance that year.
About the Model
- High-quality assembly kit display model of the MP4/4 in a new, stylish black packaging.
- Sleek aerodynamic body accurately reproduced including rear wing and side cowlings.
- Body cowling is removable even after assembly to display the detailed interior featuring realistic V6 turbo engine and suspension.
- 2 sets of markings are included to depict cars driven by Alain Prost or Ayrton Senna.
- This re-issue Includes Driver and Engineer figure c/w Helmet Decals for Ayrton Senna