1:12 Porsche 917/30 Full Detail Multi Media Model Kit
Out of Stock
Price Now: £535.00 Sorry, currently not in stock!
Get notified when back in stock
Brand: Model Factory Hiro
Part No: MFH K649
HS Code: 9503003500
Origin Country: Japan
[About the 917/30]
In the late 1960s, the 917 was one of the entrants for the World Sportscar Championship and Canadian -American Challenge Cup (Can-Am). It was equipped with a 12 cylinder engine along with a horizontal cooling fan, a light frame built from aluminum pipes and a FRP body. The car, starting with the 917H in 1969 and followed by the 917K, performed with incredible success in various races in Europe. In the same time period, other variants of the car (917PA, 917/10 etc) was entered into Can-Am, with one of the variants being the 917/30. Equipped with the turbo charger from the 917/10 and an upgraded engine, the 917/30 engine was capable of running at 1,100bhp. In 1973 Mark Donohue won 6 of 8 races at Can-Am with the 917/30, and managed to win series championship as a result. The car also set a speed record in a closed course speedway, and it’s power and speed gave it the title “the fastest sports car in history” during its time.
- 1/12 scale, full detailed kit of the 917/30, based on the 1973 Can-Am entry that allowed Mark Donohue to win the championship.
- multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, metal turned parts, rubber tires, decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- FRP parts around engine produced as clear parts to replicate representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for center locknut and wheel shaft.
- front/rear cowl can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.