Mr Super Clear Flat (Matt) (170ml) (also use on BJD dolls - Pullip)
Brand: Gunze Sangyo (Mr Hobby)
Part No: GSi-B514
HS Code: 32091000
Origin Country: Japan
Mr. SUPER CLEAR is a solvent-type coating agent for creating surfaces of superior quality.
It can be used not only for color painting, but also as the perfect coating agent when your work needs that added touch.
- This coating agent is specially formulated for use with Mr. COLOR. It should be used after Mr. COLOR has dried completely.
- It cannot be used over water-based hobby colors.
- It will damage Decals if applied over them.
- Should not be used in airbrushing on hot and humid days (temperature of 30° C or more, humidity of 70% or ore) as blushing can occur.
- When a Mr. COLOR and Mr. SPRAY car color is marked “two coat”, be sure to apply a coat of Mr. SUPER CLEAR SHINE. This applies to automobile colors as well. The original color can be restored by recoating.
Mr. Super Clear has gained popularity among BJD artists. What’s great about Mr. Super Clear is that not only can it be used for BJD’s and vinyl dolls, it can also be used to seal traditional artwork, or even sculptures, or any surface you want to color and want to keep the color on. Being a mixed artist, this is why Mr. Super Clear was an absolutely necessary part of my tool kit. Aside from being versatile, Mr. Super Clear was inexpensive even next to common place art sealants available at stores. Although it was a hassle to have to buy Mr. Super Clear online, for me it also had the added benefit of being long lasting. Dolls or artwork, your colors did not fade. It had a very strong chemical smell but it only lasted for as long as you were applying it on the artwork. It was odor free and it made sure that the surface you applied paint or pigment on, stayed on without any adverse effects to the surface below.
I’m honestly not sure whether Mr. Super Clear was specifically designed for BJD artists or sealing traditional artwork but due to its growing popularity, a new formula was developed called Mr. Super Clear UV. The original formula had a “yellowing” effect on vinyl and resin dolls after several years or if dolls were frequently exposed to sun light. The yellowing effect was found to be caused by sun damage. Mr. Super Clear UV is essentially the same as Mr. Super Clear with the extra added benefit of preventing the yellowing effect. Dolls could now safely brave the sunlight and ensure that they had permanent sunscreen on.
for use on Pullip Dolls